Utilities Technician at Guinness Cameroun S.A. (Diageo)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 5 November, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Job Title: Utilities Technician (Douala)
Reporting to: Maintenance Team Lead
Category: 8 (Level 6)
No of positions: 01
Diageo’s vision creates a powerful mandate for a Continuous Improvement culture, which reinforces strong performance.
Guinness Brewing & Packaging site operates within a constantly changing environment in terms of cost, volumes and performance. Significant change is required to deliver improved people performance and a Continuous Improvement culture. Clear milestones and budgeted performance will be set to deliver these goals.
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To operate, maintain and improve on approval the CO2 recovery, liquefaction, storage and distribution Plant, Fridge plant with Screw compressors and a fridge watch, Nitrogen Plant, Air compressors and steam burners.
- To run the Water treatment Plant and Other Utilities Plant as per internal SOP.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- Apply Management system procedures related to his job or working area Participate to Internal quality audits
- Help to put in place and apply LTO procedure Apply Management system procedures related to his job or working area
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of HND, DUT, BTS or higher engineering qualification in mechanic, Mechanical fabrication, thermal energy & Electromechanics.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Technical certification will be an advantage ( Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognized technical qualification.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
As Utilities Technician:
- Observes the operation of water pumps, electric motors and chemical feed pumps; reads various charts, graphs, gauges, and meters; on HMI, records the water volume pumped; collects lab samples and performs standard analyses and tests as required; adds chemicals as needed.
- Run and maintain steam boilers with heavy fuel and natural gas as combustibles
- Recover, compress liquify, store and distribute CO2 in liquid and gas.
- Compress and distribute air, follow-up high consumption and take actions Walks about to read and record water usage at water meters analyse results and actions immediately; tests meters and replaces as needed
- Ensuring the correct escalation process is followed in the event of an out of hour’s problem occurring.
- Following up problems and developing solutions in cooperation with the Maintenance Team Lead
- Make sure all malfunctioning of machines are reported through SAP via running inspection on shift basis
- Ensure all machine in utility hall are running at the required efficiency, so to achieved Plant availability at 95%
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world.
Today, nothing’s changed. We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
Join Akwajobs B1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs B1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job