Information Technology Manager at International Rescue Committee
Akwajobs (Yaoundé, Cameroun)
Posted : 10 October, 2019
Job type : Full Time
Information Technology Manager
The IRC started operations in Cameroon in 2016 to respond to the increasing concerns for people affected by violence linked to Boko Haram, in the Far North of the country. Assistance to displaced populations extends across the Far North, notably Mayo Sava, Mayo Tsanaga and Logone & Chari, delivering lifesaving programming to increase access to water and improving hygiene practices in vulnerable displaced and host communities, cash programming to enable poor families to meet basic needs and improve food security, and protection programming, including meeting specific needs of women and girls.
The Coordination office is located in Maroua, with a field base in Kousseri and a representation office in Yaoundé. Following the increasing crisis in the North West and South West regions of Cameroon, the IRC expanded its operations into the South West region in August 2018. The IRC is delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance to internally displaced populations, with a field base in Buea. IRC Cameroon is committed in its 2020 Strategic Action Plan, to continue to provide essential humanitarian services, with a focus on safety in communities and ensuring affected populations can meet their basic needs, whilst also building the resilience of beneficiaries, especially women and girls. IRC Cameroon is funded by European and American donors.
The IT Department supports the Country Program work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in Cameroon. An integral component of this effort is ensuring that Country Program have the capacity to implement and support these IT initiatives effectively across the field sites.
Reporting to the DDO (Deputy Director of Operations) and to Regional IT Director, the IT Manager will be the lead IT person in the Country, ensuring IT Service management for desktop support to end users, Network configurations and Server system administration, end users applications installations, mobile devices configurations, installation and configuration of network printers and other computers peripherals and local domain management. He will also be the focal point for all Country and HQ led IT projects in the Country, including ITEGRA and BvA online administration.
A key aspect of this role is ensuring all technology implementations in-country conforms to the global IT policies and procedures hence working closely with the Regional IT Director is vital.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional IT Director and the DDO to manage information technology and computers systems in all offices where IRC Cameroon operates in the Country Program.
- Interact with all business units in the Country Program, including the Programs department, the Operations units and field offices to ensure understanding of business needs and ensure that efficient support is delivered.
- Work with and coordinate the tasks of other field office IT staff members to ensure timely delivery of IT project activities and resolution of IT issues.
- Conduct relevant training sessions to ensure that staff members possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities specially in using the technologies being implemented in IRC
- Manage installation, configuration, maintenance, repair, security and IT documentation of local area networks, servers, desktop/laptop computers, communication resources and other office equipment following IT standards and procedures.
- In consultation with the Regional IT Director, champion IT projects initiated by IRC HQ/IT.
- Test and evaluate new technologies that will improve IT support processes in country and region.
- Work with the Regional IT Director, the IRC Network Operations Center (NOC) and Internet Service provider to ensure that offices are connected to Internet at all times and that all users are connected to the LAN and have access to Internet.
- Work with the DDO and Regional IT Director to deploy and maintain Servers and Active Directory and domain services at the Country level, including management of AD computers and users’ accounts, DNS, DHCP, centralized computers updating and patching and GPO management.
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain department, manage vendors’ contracts and agreements, and follow up on timely payment of vendors’ bills with relevant IRC departments.
- Participate in tender processes and vendors’ evaluation and selections by providing IT specifications that follow IRC IT Standard.
- Help ensure successful implementation of IRC IT global initiatives and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Support the Country Program for effective ITEGRA deployment and BvA online implementation.
- Participate in the annual budget planning and ensure allocation for the necessary IT investments to acquire the required infrastructure that corresponds to the business needs
- Perform other duties as directed by the Deputy Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s university degree in Computer Engineering and/or equivalent in relevant field Technical
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT Service Management
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Experience in Virtualization technologies using VMware
- Background in networking technologies using Cisco and/or Cyberoam
- Proficiency with client-server environment using Microsoft Server 2008/2012 implementing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and group policy objects
- Familiarity in server and endpoint updating and patching methodologies
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills
- Experience in providing support in an environment that implements ERP is an advantage
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross cultural contexts.
- Excellent verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in local language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and carefully carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent English and French listening and writing in mandatory
- Good proficiency in supporting industry standard IT infrastructure and applications
Certificates or Licenses:
- A+, CCNA, ITIL, PMP, MCSE or similar certifications preferred
Join Akwajobs B1 for updates, tips and info (WhatsApp) // Rejoignez Akwajobs B1 pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations (WhatsApp)
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job