FSO Maintenance Advisor at Cameroon Oil Transportation Company (COTCO)
Akwajobs (Douala, Cameroon)
Posted : 28 January, 2020
Job type : Full Time
FSO Maintenance Advisor
Job Role Summary
The FSO Maintenance Advisor receives guidance from the Floating Storage and Offloading vessel (FSO) Chief Engineer. With direct functional responsibility for all maintenance of the facility and processing systems, the role includes establishing and ensuring that maintenance strategies, policies, programs and procedures are carried out to provide safe, economical and efficient maintenance on the COTCO FSO marine terminal, the Kome-Kribi 1. This work is an offshore rotational assignment.
The Ideal candidate should have ship operation or superintendent experience, marine system maintenance experience, and have the following profile:
- Master degree or Diploma in Mechanical, Marine Engineering, Naval architect (or) equivalent, Standards of Training Certification & Watch Keeping (STCW) certification to class 1 or class 2 Marine Engineers license.
Expected Level of Proficiency
Professional experience and knowledge required
- Ten years plus (10 +) experience in Oil and Gas Production / Operations or similar industry experience with emphasis on mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting activities associated to facility processing and utility support equipment, including turbine package equipment
- Typically more than 5 years’ experience as a maintenance practitioner in an offshore hydrocarbon processing industry and have relevant supervisory experience in maintenance or mechanical department
- Typically more than 3 years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor, planner, marine engineer
- Typically 05 years operations experience in the marine industry (offshore company)
- Knowledge of offshore floating storage facilities (desired), offshore platform operations (desired but not required)
- Knowledge of general marine equipment knowledge (boilers, steam system, heat exchangers, pumps, valves, piping, deck system, cargo system, etc.) (desired) and marine structure (desired but not required)
- Good knowledge of operating experience with high pressure super-heated boilers and steam plant systems
- Good understanding of general marine equipment (desired) such as diesel and turbine driven package units, power generation, compression packages, process and instrument air, and utility support systems (eg: steam / gas turbine power and compression, power generation IC, water treatment / injection, sewage treatment, firewater pumps and distribution, chemical injection, heavy lifting equipment and cranes
- Good understanding of all aspects of production, gas / liquid processing and pipelines facilities with strong emphasis on processing.
- Understanding of typical project philosophy and design specifications (PFD’s, P&ID’s UFD’s, material handling, human factors, simultaneous operations, risk assessment and etc.)
- Good knowledge of Classification Society, good knowledge of classification rules and requirements (of Bureau Veritas, DMA and Ministry of Mines), and good knowledge of regulatory standards and maritime rules (SOLAS, OCIMF, etc.)
- Knowledge of vessel class statutory and classification certificates
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control systems;
- Competency in safety, health, equipment integrity and environment management systems
- Proficiency in estimating, planning ship repairs and managing underwater inspection in lieu of dry dock;
Skills and attributes required
- Strong communications and teamwork skills are a must.
- Demonstrates high level of initiative and leadership ability.
- Demonstrates ability to implement change
- Good interpersonal, motivation and communication skills.
- Highest standard of safety, health, environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good training and coaching, mentoring skills
- Ability to interact in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English (ability to prepare written reports in English is essential)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent customer relations;
- Ability to effectively work under pressure with no supervision.
- Physically fit to work in an offshore environment.
- Marine firefighting certificate, survival craft and personal survival at sea. (Or equivalent Offshore certification), a valid ‘HUET’ certificate for travel by helicopter are a must.
For updates, tips and info join Akwajobs B2 // Pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations rejoignez Akwajobs B2
Join Akwajobs' Telegram Channel for updates, tips and info // Rejoignez la Chaîne de Akwajobs au Telegram pour des offres d'emploi, des conseils et des informations https://t.me/akwajobs
Apply for this job